| Cuban Style Chicke|
4 large chicken joints, halved
Salt and Freshly ground Black Pepper
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 Onion, chopped
1 Green Sweet Pepper, chopped
1 Jalapeno Pepper, deseeded and chopped
1 large Garlic clove, crushed
1 teasp Ground Cumin
1 large Tomato, chopped
1 tbsp Lime juice
1 14oz tin Black Beans, drained
1. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the chicken and sauté until browned on all sides. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Add the onion, green pepper, jalapeno pepper and garlic and cook for a few minutes, until onions are softened.
4. Add the cumin, tomatoes, lemon juice and black beans and mix well. Return the chicken to pan, cover and simmer for 20 minutes stirring once or twice.
5. Remove the lid and continue to cook for a further 15 minutes or until the chicken is done. Serve hot.