| Curried Channa|
1lb tinned Chick Peas
1 tbsp Cooking Oil
1 Onion, chopped
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
2 tbsp Curry Powder
1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
Salt and Pepper
1 teasp Hot Pepper Sauce
1. Drain chick peas, retaining 4fl.oz. of the liquid.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and garlic and fry until softened.
3. Add the curry powder and cook gently, stirring, for one minute.
4. Add the drained chick peas and fry for 5 minutes.
5. Add the remaining ingredients plus the reserved liquid, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 15 minutes. Serve hot.