| Bread Pudding|
4oz Soft Brown Sugar
1/4 teasp Mixed Spice
4 Eggs, beaten
1 tbsp Brandy (optional)
1. Place the bread, raisins, half of the sugar and the mixed spice in a bowl. Pour the milk over the bread and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 375F and lightly grease a square baking tin.
3. Place the butter in a small saucepan and heat gently until melted.
4. Stir the beaten eggs, melted butter and brandy into the bread mixture, then pour into the greased baking tin. Bake for 45 minutes until browned and set.
5. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining sugar and allow to cool. Once cold, cut into squares.
This can also be served as a hot dessert with whipped cream.