| Pepper Chicken|
1 whole chicken, cut into small pieces
4 tablespoons of freshly ground pepper
3 tablespoons of coconut paste
2 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp cumin powder
3 tsp dhania
½ tsp turmeric
2 large onions, sliced finely
1 cinammon stick
2 tomatoes , cut into small cubes.
1 tomato , blended to a smooth paste
3 tbsp cooking oil or ghee(clarified butter)
Blend to a smooth paste:
1" piece ginger
1. Marinate the chicken in salt and 2 tablespoon of pepper for ½ an hour and place in mixing bowl.
2. Fry the chicken in large pan using ¼ of the oil, drain and set aside.
3. Fry the onions in rest of the oil till it turns translucent.
4. Add the cloves, cinamon and cardammom and fry for a minute.
5. Now add the ginger-garlic paste and fry till the paste turns brown.
6. Add the spices (red chilli powder, etc) and stir in for a minute.
7. Now add tomato, coconut paste and the remaining pepper.
8. Fry for a while till the whole mixture loses all moisture.
9. Now add the tomato paste.
10. Add the chicken pieces and stir till all the chicken is well covered with the masala.
11. Add 1-2 water and keep covered for 10 minutes.
12. You can add more water to get a gravy.
Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
13. You can eat this with either roti or plain rice/dal.